Monday, January 6, 2014

Crafty came out to play today

Inspired by this post that I found through Pinterest
 http://leedawn82.blogspot.com/2011/12/dare-to-diy.html?m=1
 I decided to bite the bullet and make a door muffler for the girl's room. 

I couldn't find any scrap fabric that I loved, but stumbled on these iron on angels. 


I decided that hair ties might be a better option to keep the door muffler on than ribbons that I was bound to have to continuously re-tie with a busy toddler in the house. 

I cut some felt to sort of fit for the center, pinned it all together and sewed it around the edges:


Stopping here for a picture ruined things. It had nothing at all to do with my lack of know-how or lack of experience with my sewing machine. I promise ;-)
My string snapped and the machine had to be re threaded (Mommy, where are you when I have need of you?!) and I developed several large knots during the home stretch of sewing. See?


Oh well. The other side wasn't too bad. 

 
The finished product on the door! I'm not insanely proud of it, but I am proud of myself for starting and FINISHING a project (not to mention blogging about it) while both girls were awake and playing around me :-) *no babies were neglected in the making of this project. Extra bonus points for me! ;-)


Hope you're having a wonderful day! 

3 comments:

  1. *applauds*
    I'm quite impressed! I think I may have to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great job Alex! I especially love that it looks like the little angel is sleeping much like the reason for making this...keeping your little angels sleeping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot! I am so impressed with all the skillz. Mommy, troubleshooter, seamstress, photographer, blogger..... YOU ROCK.

    ReplyDelete